Henry Adam Fischer born in New York City, son of Bavarian immigrants who worked in tile and marble.
H.A. marries Mary Prince and settles in Altaville, California, a small town near Stockton, and continues his work as tile setter both there and in Reno, Nevada.
Henry Prince Fischer born in Altaville.
H.A. Fischer was installing marble and tile in both Reno, Nevada and in the Stockton area.
Fischer Tile & Marble established in Stockton by 20-year old Henry P. Fischer Sr.
H. P. Fischer family moves to Sacramento and opens third location at 7th and J Streets. H.A. Fischer remains at Stockton branch until his death in 1937.
Henry Jr. enters high school and begins working part-time in the warehouse at his father’s company.
Henry Sr. dies and his son, better known as Harry, takes over the business.
Harry Fischer petitions War Production Board for permission to expand, based on meeting wartime building requirements of local military installations.
Fischer constructs new building at 2215 J Street.
H.O. Adams Tile Company sells out to Fischer, which moves into its building at 2311 S Street. Yancy & Company remain as tenants at rent of $75 per month.
Reno shop closed.
Fischer closes offices in Stockton after death of long-time manager Charles Rich and begins operating exclusively out of Sacramento.
Harry Fischer receives first “contractor of the year” award from the Western States Ceramic Tile Contractors’ Association; he also becomes founding director for Ceramic Tile Institute of Sacramento.
Harry’s eldest son Jay begins full-time work with the company, after 12 years of part-time work during high school and college.
Deary family sells its Hires bottling building at 21st and S Streets to Fischer, which begins fabricating DuPont Corian at the location.
California State Capitol restoration project wins Fischer national acclaim, especially for the replication, re-fabrication and installation of the historic Minton tile in the Rotunda.
Ceramic Tile Institute awards Fischer Tile & Marble the residential and commercial project of the year awards, the only time any company has won both awards in a single year.
Henderson Auto Parts sells its building at 1806 23rd Street to Fischer; the site allows Jay Fischer to begin fabricating stone again after a 20-year hiatus.
Harry Fischer retires; his eldest son Jay takes over as president.
Jay Fischer becomes president of the National Tile Contractors Association.
Jay Fischer launches operations in Hawaii, with a division headed by his younger brother Gary.
Harry Fischer dies, leaving two sons, a daughter and two grandchildren.
Fischer wins both residential and commercial project of the year awards from Tile Contractors Association of America (TCAA).
Corian and commercial operations expand into recently-purchased Carl Fiedler Lowe Building at 2229 S Street. Jay Fischer begins four-year term on the Board of Directors of TCCA.
Former Dreyer Ice Cream Plant building in Canon Industrial Park becomes site of Fischer’s growing granite operation.
Jay Fischer expands the company’s stone operation by purchasing the old Pureta sausage factory building at 1809 23rd Street.
For the second time Fischer wins both residential and commercial project of the year awards from TCAA.
Sacramento Business Journal names Fischer Tile & Marble the oldest family-owned business in Sacramento.